Media Coverage of the Archive
Print and Digital Media:
- TIME: "Meet the Last Jews of Calcutta"
- The Times of India: "Jews leave a digital footprint on Kolkata"
- BBC: "The last Jews of Calcutta"
- Scroll: "The rich cultural life of Kolkata's Jews comes alive in online archive"
- The Telegraph: "Jewish past, digital present"
- Business Standard: "The disappearing Jewish community of Kolkata"
- The Hindu Business Line: "Mazel tov again"
- The New York Times Blog: "The Last Jews of Kolkata"
- Outlook India: "Kolkata's Jewish Connect Archived Digitally" (also appeared in Business Standard and Oneindia)
- The Jewish Daily Forward: "The Rise and Fall of Calcutta Jews"
- Oneindia: "Kolkata's Jewish connect archived digitally"
- Firstpost: "Lost and found: Seven fascinating stories of Calcutta's Jewish past"
- India Abroad: "The Return of Jewish Calcutta"
- The Jerusalem Post: "Preserving Jewish Calcutta"
- Rajya Sabha TV: Special Report - Jews: Fading into History
- Homegrown: Remembering Kolkata Jews’ Rich But Dwindling Culture In Pictures & Words
- KALW 91.7 FM, San Francisco
- Secret Cuisines and Sacred Rituals, a program on US Radio featured the episode “The Calcutta Jews: The Vanishing Jewels” with Jael Silliman
Doordarshan Bangla, the television channel, live streamed the launch event of the website from Victoria Memorial, Kolkata.
The Press Trust of India sent the news out widely, so that smaller towns like Poona and Ranchi ran articles—not all of which could be accommodated here.